Can't get SWAT to run in inetd

Adrian Wontroba aw1 at stade.co.uk
Sat Jun 10 02:53:48 BST 2006

On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 01:54:17AM +0100, Stephen Allen wrote:
> I'm struggling to get access to SWAT using inetd.  I'm trying to connect
> from another IP on the same subnet. inetd is started, but when I try to
> connect to http://192.168.0.3:901 the connection just times out.  I even
> made /usr/local/etc/smb.conf world-writeable but still no joy.

Can you access SAMBA from the machine you are trying to access SWAT
from?

SAMBA is (used to be?) picky about IP addresses being resolveable into
names. I've been reduced to adding vast numbers of 1.2.3.4 name-1-2-3-4
entries to hosts files.

--
Adrian Wontroba
Children aren't happy without something to ignore,