I need a broadband recommendation

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Tue Jul 25 16:44:54 BST 2006

Surely they mean 2Mb (megaBIT), which would translate to a theoretical max
of roughly 200KB (kiloBYTE), so to get sustained transfers of 230KB would
be expected.

But then I live on an island in the middle of an ocean, and am out of
touch with consumer speeds.  Maybe they really do mean 2MB (megaBYTE)?