I need a broadband recommendation

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Tue Jul 25 14:18:15 BST 2006

--QWpDgw58+k1mSFBj

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 02:11:36PM +0100, hammond.mason at uk.abnamro.com wrot=
e:
> My home broadband supplier/ISP is OneTel and I am becomming unhappy with
> their performance.
> I have a '2MB' package that - per the small print - is 'up to' 2MB/s.  In
> the past month I have not been able to download ISOs at more than 230KB/s.
> I feel I'm getting ripped off.
> Can anyone recommend an alternative ISP for broadband that guarantees a
> minimum 2MB/s download bandwidth?

The 4MB service from NTL is very good, if a little pricey at 24.99 per
month.  Service is extremely reliable too; I've had approximately 16
hours downtime in the last 6 or 7 years.

However: DO NOT LET THEM LEAVE UNTIL YOU SEE IT WORKING.

Cue NTL horror stories from everyone else.  All I can say is, in
Cardiff, it rocks.

Ceri
--=20
                                                  -- Moliere