Freebsd, Debian, Windows on same PC

Lee Brotherston lee at nerds.org.uk
Mon Jul 24 23:41:25 BST 2006

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 11:22:55PM +0100, aaa comms wrote:
> 1st Windows boot then fdisk /mbr
> 	install windows on approx 10gb (9GB C: / swap drive = 1024mb approx)

This is probably the most important part.  If you install XP later it
tends to take an "I know best" approach (even though it doesn't) and
destroy any existing boot loaders.  The BSD bootloader, grub and lilo
can all cope with all three OS's as far as I recall.  The BSD
bootloader tends to not really require configuration and just works,
grub and lilo require some more setting up, but have some features
that are handy for your linux partition.

Cheers

  Lee

--
Lee Brotherston - <lee at nerds.org.uk>