Θέμα: Re: Dangerous use of 'rm'

k k ingou88 at yahoo.gr
Fri Jul 7 16:35:53 BST 2006

--- Stephen Allen <freebsduk at rowyerboat.com> wrote:
> James O'Gorman wrote:
> > So alias rm to rm -i and then when you're ready to
> add the -rf, hit
> > up, Ctrl-A and then right arrow three times to
> type -rf. Surely this
> > isn't too much effort to ensure the safety of your
> files?
>
> Aha! - Now that helps a lot.  Ctrl+A is used as
> 'Home'.  I've always
> been struggling (and still am) with getting all the
> keymap stuff to work
> in FreeBSD properly (by properly, I mean
> Home/End/Del/Backspace stuff).
>
> Ctrl+A will do while I work on the keymaps.
>
> Thanks James,
> Steve :)

  if 'rm <file>' fails, then there are two reasons:
  either is another users file or read only
  or is a directory.

  if you alias rm -rf, don't do it in an 'rm'
  meaning 'alias rm     rm -rf'

simple user

[Gkarfield: nick in Linux Questions]

×ñçóéìïðïéåßôå Yahoo!;
ÂáñåèÞêáôå ôá åíï÷ëçôéêÜ ìçíýìáôá (spam); Ôï Yahoo! Mail
äéáèÝôåé ôçí êáëýôåñç äõíáôÞ ðñïóôáóßá êáôÜ ôùí åíï÷ëçôéêþí
ìçíõìÜôùí http://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=gr