FreeBSD loses time when used in VMware

Stephen Allen freebsduk at rowyerboat.com
Wed Jul 5 10:08:50 BST 2006

k k wrote:
> simulator is not the real thing.
>
> and VMware is a simulator? simulating that runs BSD in a windows box?
>  maybe the boss must understand than he can not know everything.

Don't knock VMware until you've tried it - you may be pleasantly surprised.
   It's a rock solid VM platform, used in lots of mission critical
applications.

However, I'm just running it so I can learn other OSes (like FreeBSD)
without having dozens of machines clustered around my desk.  In
addition, you can take a snapshot of a machine at any point in time, and
simply 'jump' back there later on - invaluable for testing.

Steve :)