inetd

Derrin Morton derrin at usa.net
Fri Jan 20 09:23:51 GMT 2006

Hi Geraint

Great to find a Linux flavour that is really well documented and does
what it says on the tin.  ;-)

Thanks - makes perfect sense.  In true UNIX ethos I have done "what I
wanted", without necessarily knowing what I was doing.

I also want to get into website development, perfect platform to test
on, having had an interesting experience with MS IIS.

The /etc/rc.conf does indeed have sshd_enable = yes, have removed
/etc/inetd.conf entry.  Was not aware that you could enable sshd in
separate places.

I should have known the pid issue - have killed many processes in my
time (not inetd though) - Thanks again for the cardboard assistance.