Hi. Can anyone help with this installation problem?

Kevin O'Connor kevin at ziptek-technologies.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 01:17:43 GMT 2006

Phil
     Firstly hello and welcome to the wonderful world of FreeBSD and please
don't let a few problems put you off.

A couple of things spring to mind here.
Have you tried altering the bios settings, I've had problems with some
compaq systems on FreeBSD 6

If it is booting and running through sysinstall and it's just the HDD that
can not be found you could try getting hold of a dos/win9x boot floppy and
running  "format /mbr C:"   just incase any other installs have messed up
the mbr.

There is a slim chance that there is a problem with the CD you burnt, try
downloading the boot floppies and see if you can get an install going that
way.

Could you let us know the Make and Model of the PC, this maybe a known
issue.

Regards
Kevin