Greetings

Ceri Davies ceri at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 13 12:37:57 GMT 2006

--ZmUaFz6apKcXQszQ

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 11:27:24PM +0000, Tim McCormick wrote:

Hi Tim,

> Just discovered this user group, so thought I'd join it. My name is Tim=
=20
> McCormick and I'm 22. I've been around FreeBSD for a while and got rid of=
 the=20
> last part of my Windows environment about a year ago now.
>=20
> I currently attend Aston University (in Birmingham). In my spare time I=
=20
> develop for PC-BSD, for those of you that don't know it's FreeBSD 6 (at t=
he=20
> moment) with a warm fuzzy layer of friendliness and ease of use on top.

Well, that's interesting.  I was just thinking of dropping you a line
yesterday, but then I thought that I should try PC-BSD first.  Since
you're here though, would you be able to tell me a little about your
installer?  I'm thinking specifically about how it differs from sysinstall
(other than looking pretty) and whether it allows for non-interactive
use, whether you're tried to address architectures other than i386, and
how you deal with upgrades (if you do).  I know that's a bit woolly, but
I didn't get around to trying it out yet.  That's your fault, of course :)

> Anyway, hello again, I look forward to participating in this user group.

We're a miserable bunch to be honest, but you're welcome and it's great
to have you.

By the way, I will be arranging beer in Cardiff again this year, since
all the other plans fell apart last summer (yes, I know one of them was
mine).  How does everybody feel about July for that?

Ceri
--=20
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)

--ZmUaFz6apKcXQszQ

--ZmUaFz6apKcXQszQ--