Manchester BSDUG - Tuesday, 7th March 2006

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 12:41:55 GMT 2006

             Manchester BSD User Group - 7th March 2006

The next Manchester BSD User Group meeting will be held on the 7th March at
our now usual venue - the SandBar, Grosvenor St., Manchester at 7:30pm.

What is it?
-----------

If you've never been before, this is an occasion where a group of people who
work with, play with, develop with and tinker with the various BSD operating
systems (Free, Net, Open, Darwin and OS X) meet up and talk about anything and
everything. This month the favourite contenders for 'most likely to be
discussed issues' are:

* libtool
* libtool!?
* LIBTOOL?!?!????!!!!!
* LIIIBTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.....
* My computer no-worky no more...
* Who the hell reads the UPDATING files anyway?
* The conf Sam is involved in organising, details here:
  http://www.ukuug.org/events/spring2006/

Talk is often not particularly technical, although technical topics do come up
and are welcomed by all. In short, we're a bunch of geeks who've agreed to
meet down the pub, numbering half a dozen or so typically.

When is it?
-----------

The Manchester BSD User Group meeting happens on the first Tuesday of every
month. The next one is therefore on the 7th March. The one after this will be
in April. Put it in your calendar now. There is an iCal feed that makes sweet,
sweet love to your calendar application here:

http://www.ukuug.org/cgi-bin/diary/manchesterbug/ics-feed.cgi

The drinking, talking and general festivities will commence at 7:30pm.
Typically, we tend to finish up some time around 9pm-10pm.

Where is it?
------------

We now meet at the SandBar on Grosvenor Street, Manchester, M1 7HL. It is a
friendly bar, bohemian style furniture, real ale, imported bottled lager and
WiFi. It is a large place with a no-smoking back room where we may be hidden
if it is a busy night.

Unfortunately, if you put the postcode for the SandBar into any online mapping
tool, it actually directs you to the middle of the MMU campus, so if you don't
know where you're headed, please feel free to email me or one of the lists.
You won't get directions, we'll just photo you being lost in the middle of MMU
campus... :-) No, really, we'll help.

Anything else?

Attendance has been patchy in recent months, so if you could let us know if
you're coming so we can look out for you. If it looks like only 2-3 people are
going to make it, we may decide to postpone it so it is worth letting us know
if you want to attend.

You can get updates and announcements of new meetings by joining our mailing
list - just send 'subscribe manchester' to majordomo at bsdgroups.org.uk

The meeting's home page is http://www.bsdgroups.org.uk/manchester/ and it has
been recently updated with dates for the first half of 2006. Woo Sam!

Look forward to seeing you all next Tuesday!