Theunicorn.biz commence sales of Free BSD preinstalled PC system

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 10:13:26 GMT 2006

On 16 Feb 2006, at 21:32, Gary Hendricks wrote:

> I just found it odd that it does not do a lot of things it ought to
> do.

<snip>

> You do not get a second chance at a first impression.

Dell, HP and half a dozen other manufacturers don't do a lot of what
they don't do either (you'll certainly get no joy from Dell if you
phone up and ask for help with a 3rd-party DSL router, telephony
devices, Apache or Postgres), it's just that Bosworth have been up-
front about it, IMHO.

I would suggest they get somebody with professional copyrighting
experience (hey, I'm cheap!) to give their site a working over to
make that point, but at least people can't turn around on here in 3
months saying "Bosworth are the sux0r! They wouldn't support my
Apache install the cretins!" because they haven't hidden the fact
they wouldn't do that away, and you are therefore warned before you buy.

Personally, I would have waited until I'd got audio sorted before
shipping as I consider that an essential system service on a desktop
machine these days, but each to their own.

--
Paul Robinson