Hello there

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Sat Feb 4 21:32:24 GMT 2006

--kH8JNVvasRCCW1Oz

On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 07:04:28PM +0000, Paul Robinson wrote:

> 1. Paul Richards set it up, the same guy who a few months ago told =20
> this very list that BSD was dying and that he would have nothing to =20
> do with. A decision all the more remarkable as he used to be a member =20
> of core, and I think was responsible for the original setup of the UK =20
> FreeBSD mailing lists...

That's what I thought until I spoke to him, whereupon he said that he
just couldn't be bothered organising and working on things any more, but
would still turn up to any convenient UK conference that was organised.

> BTW, for those who haven't heard, booting *BSD on an intel Mac =20
> requires fiddling with EFI, which in turn is likely to brickify it. =20
> And you thought NetBSD on Mac kit was fiddly to get installed....

Shouldn't be too hard for those interested; FreeBSD already has EFI bits
for the ia64 port.

Ceri
--=20
                                                  -- Moliere