Rsync not copying contents of sub directories(recursive) when run from a cron job

Jason Cornock jason at theinfra-red.com
Thu Dec 7 12:21:54 GMT 2006

Rsync not copying contents of sub directories(recursive) when run from a
cron job=20

Hi,

I have a problem with rsync-2.6.8_2 where if I run the task manually all th=
folders and sub folders/files are copied across but when I run the exact
same command from a cron job it fails to copy recursively, i.e I will get
the folders but not the files within.

I am copying from the local system drive to a NAS running SMB/CIFS.

Rsync command used:  rsync  -rlpgoDv --delete $source/
$TARGET/$BACKUP_DATE/$source/.

I am not us the =ADa flag because I am getting bad file descriptor errors
failing to time stamp the files(if anybody knows a solution to this too tha=
would be marvellous!).

Any help or guidance much appreciated.

Jason