Jobs

Steve Mynott steve at tightrope.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 1 13:06:34 GMT 2006

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 12:40:12PM +0200, Peter Kirk typed:

> I was just wondering how is the job-market in the UK for FreeBSD?  Are
> there a lot of company's using this OS?

No.  Linux is a lot more popular and usually the particularly broken
Redhat sort -- "we are running linux 4".  Also Solaris seems to be less
popular than it was.

But FreeBSD has a niche at some ISPs and sometimes the licence means that
its been used as a base for commercial products like firewalls and spam
filters.

--
Steve Mynott <steve at tightrope.demon.co.uk>