PHP Configuration

Charles Brewster charles-brewster at ntlworld.com
Sat Aug 19 15:56:12 BST 2006

That's a good point Chris - thanks

Perhaps inevitably, I'm presently pitched into trying to get portupgrade
installed and working on the live server box.

So far so good-ish - except that it seems to have clobbered those bits of GD
that were working - I'm now getting stuff like
--
Fatal error: Call to undefined function ImageCreateFromJPEG() in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/crafts_for_education/new/add_molecule.php on line

At least PHP is still there, and MySQL queries/transactions appear to be
working OK.

'pkgdb -F' gives me the following

--->  Checking the package registry database
Missing origin: bsdpan-Image-Magick-6.2.6
-> Ignored. (the package is held; specify -f to force)
Stale dependency: php5-gd-5.0.2 -> apache-1.3.33 (www/apache13):
New dependency? (? to help):
Skip this? ([y]es/[n]o/[a]ll) [yes] Skipped.

As you can see, it appears to be getting confused (or it's confusing me at
least) in the whole territory of Apache, PHP and ImageMagick, so I'm
proceeding with caution, reading what docs I can find to try to figger out
what I should tell it to do each time it asks me something.

I'm hoping to upgrade to a new FreeBSD server box in a month or so, and the
existing one will be there for a testbed/backup, which should make the
Teach-Yourself-SysAdmin process easier!

Many thanks for your help.

Charles B