(no subject)

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Mon Aug 7 02:00:26 BST 2006

The problem is the default gateway.  As far as I know only one default
gateway is supported, and allyour return packets are going that way.  When
the packets arrive from your second DSL connection the response is sent
out the first DSL connection, and NAT on that link causes the return
packets to appear to come from the outside address of your first DSL
connection, which is NOT the address the original packet was sent to, so
the originator out on the net discards the return packet.

There are specific commercial solutions to this issue - see BigIP for an
example.

I would love to hear if anyone has hacked a solution to this into BSD...