SETID in kernel

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Wed Apr 19 18:13:53 BST 2006

I did deinstall and reinstall, and even checked the Config output to make
sure it was answering the question "Do you want to enable SUID emulation"
correctly, which it was.  So I am reasonably certain that the perl install
is good.  Anyone know how to check it?  perl -V doesn't mention anything
about it...

There is no "suidperl" in this instance - openwebmail seems to want to
use "speedy-suidperl", which exists, and by default seems to be setuid
itself.  If I try to run this way I get the error message abouth the
kernel.  If I take off the SUID bit openwebmail runs without privs, and
cannot open its own log file.

Sigh.

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:49:31 +0100, Kevin O'Connor wrote