SETID in kernel

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Wed Apr 19 17:29:49 BST 2006

Howdy,

I feel kind of like an idiot, but I have been beating my head against a
wall now for an hour with no luck.  Hope someone just knows this.

Trying to get openwebmail running on FreeBSD 6.1.  I am running into the
famous SETUID issue with perl scripts, where I get:

YOU HAVEN'T DISABLED SET-ID SCRIPTS IN THE KERNEL YET!
FIX YOUR KERNEL, PUT A C WRAPPER AROUND THIS SCRIPT, OR USE -u AND UNDUMP!

I rebuilt perl with -DENABLE_SUIDPERL and installed it, but then read
later that the SUID emulation will not function if the kernel still has
the feature enabled.

Here is where I am stuck.  How do I disable it in the kernel?  I couldn't
find anything in the GENERIC kernel config file (or any other config file
is /usr/src/sys/i386/conf) that has anything to do with this.  Used to be
a LINT config file in there that had all the possible options, but this
seems to be a thing of the past.  I tried searching the handbook and got
nowehere.  I tried using Google but got nowhere...

help!

Thanks!