default recommended install results in log-in prompt

linuxwannabee at netscape.net linuxwannabee at netscape.net
Sat Sep 24 22:44:05 BST 2005

Hi all

Two questions:

First and foremost, why when I opted for the most straightforward install options, upon rebooting the system I was presented with a login and password prompt! No reference to this during the install, used to YAST2 in linux when you are guided through creating a user account, but this one appears to come out of no where. Any suggestions?

Secondly, although I'm subsribed to the list - does this mean I will receive copies of every question submitted, got several emails about backing up to DVD for example. Given I'm a newbie, I'm not likely to be able to help anyone meaningfully for some time, can I change this preference?

Thanks in advance

Linuxwannabee

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.