Hard disk woes

Michael Abbott michael at araneidae.co.uk
Mon Sep 5 14:57:24 BST 2005

> Sure, it's on-topic, it's just not the *best* place to ask, I'd say.
> -questions or somesuch might yield better fruit due to the density of
> people there geared up for answering such questions.

Ah, I'm sure you're right.  I too easly ask the right question in the
wrong place!  Time I subscribed (before I ask about internationalisation
and UTF-8 on 4.11 which will definitely verge to being off-topic).

> I suppose this list is *perfect* for organising UK-based get togethers,
> or localised issues, but probably for little else. ;-)

Hmm.  That might have something to do with the long silences that were
grumbled about before.

I'm in Oxfordshire, and not a great organiser, but I'd like to try to show
up to something local.