Backup Problem

Kevin O'Connor kevin at ziptek-technologies.co.uk
Sat Oct 15 15:27:26 BST 2005

Khaled
       you must still run it with the -B switch or it will prompt for a
password.
As an alternative When you generate your public/private keypair, you are
asked for a password. If you don't type anything here but just press ENTER,
you will not be prompted for your password
Also I think you will need to force it to use ssh V1, look at the man pages
and have a read of
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/openssh.html

Please check that the ssh connection is functional

ssh -v "hostname"

Test from both hosts.

> I have two server (bigapple) and (equator)
>
> The backup server is equator and the client is bigapple
> Bigapple has sshv1 and equator has sshv2
>
> So I need to backup all customers' files on bigapple to
> equator with a script run in crontab but without asking for
> manual entering of password

Have you considered using ssh-agent. There is an example script for
performing backups using this approach at
http://www.crimelabs.net/openbsdbook/
Just follow the link to Todd Fries backup script.

> So I hope to find a good manual to do that
>
> Regards
>
> Khaled J. Hussein
> System Administrator

Best of luck