Manchester BSD User Group meeting - 6th December 2005

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 12:33:10 GMT 2005

            Manchester BSD User Group - 6th December 2005

The next Manchester BSD User Group meeting will be held on the 6th December at
our now usual venue - the SandBar, Grosvenor St., Manchester at 7:30pm.

What is it?
-----------

If you've never been before, this is an occasion where a group of people who
work with, play with, develop with and tinker with the various BSD operating
systems (including OS X, but that's another story...) meet up and talk about
anything and everything. This month the favourite contenders for 'most likely
to be discussed issues' are:

* What gadgets we want for Christmas
* Apple Store, Trafford Centre: torch it or [heart] it?
* The new FreeBSD logo looks like something a sex shop would sell, no?
* Where can we buy beer that tastes like Christmas pudding?
* SONY MUST DIE! DIE! DIE!
* pf must DIE! DIE! DIE!

As you can see, talk is not particularly technical, although technical topics
do come up and welcomed by all. In short, we're a bunch of geeks who've agreed
to meet down the pub, numbering half a dozen or so typically.

When is it?
-----------

The Manchester BSD User Group meeting happens on the first Tuesday of every
month. The next one is therefore on the 6th December.

The drinking, talking and general festivities will commence at 7:30pm.
Typically, we tend to finish up some time around 9pm.

Where is it?
------------

We now meet at the SandBar on Grosvenor Street, Manchester, M1 7HL. It is a
friendly bar, bohemian style furniture, real ale, imported bottled lager and
WiFi. It is a large place with an entire back room where we may be hidden.

Unfortunately, if you put the postcode for the SandBar into any online mapping
tool, it actually directs you to the middle of the MMU campus, so if you don't
know where you're headed, please feel free to email ask.

Anything else?

Attendance has been patchy in recent months, so if you could let us know if
you're coming so we can look out for you. If it looks like only 2-3 people are
going to make it, we may decide to postpone it so it is worth letting us know
if you want to attend.

You can get updates and announcements of new meetings by joining our mailing
list - just send 'subscribe manchester' to majordomo at bsdgroups.org.uk

The meeting's home page is here: http://www.bsdgroups.org.uk/manchester/