FreeBSD on a laptop

John North john555north at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 25 12:47:02 BST 2005

--0-895324366-1117021622=:21910

Greetings from sunny Blackpool

Does FreeBSD work at all on laptops? I'm thinking of getting the Evesham Voyager C510 (see link) and will happily ditch Windows if FreeBSD will run it.  From browsing Linux and BSD sites I get the impression that laptops are too highly optimised to work under Windows to stand much chance of working well with anything else.

Regards,
John

http://www.computerbuyer.co.uk/buyer/reviews/70347/evesham-voyager-c510.html

---------------------------------
--0-895324366-1117021622=:21910

<DIV>Greetings from sunny Blackpool</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Does FreeBSD work at all&nbsp;on laptops? I'm&nbsp;thinking of getting&nbsp;the Evesham Voyager C510 (see link) and will&nbsp;happily&nbsp;ditch Windows&nbsp;if&nbsp;FreeBSD&nbsp;will run it.&nbsp; From browsing Linux and BSD sites I get the impression that laptops are too highly optimised to work under&nbsp;Windows to stand much chance of working well with anything else.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>John</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>