(no subject)

Martin Smith martin at rakupottery.org.uk
Thu Mar 31 10:46:59 BST 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 12:47:59PM -0600, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am toying with the idea of opening an Internet cafe in the Virgin
> Islands (I am on St Thomas at the moment).  I would like to use FreeBSD
> based terminals, and am playing with different desktop pieces.  One thing
> I am running into is the difficulty of getting flash pages to display and
> play.  I have linux-mozilla installed and running fine under emulation,
> but the macromedia flash installer won't run (complains about the
> operating system).  I know this is probably something silly.  Be gentle :)

well I am using the native FreeBSD version of firefox and according to pkg_info I have got the following installed
flashplugin-firefox-0.4.12
libflash-0.4.12
linux-flashplugin-6.0r79_2
and linuxpluginwrapper-20050119_1
no problems with flash pages
This is all running on 5.4 pre-release
If I can make it work, so can you

> I never did get a keyboard to work on the old Compaq Presario.  Still open
> for ideas on that one!
>
> Thanks,

Martin