X keyboard issue

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Sun Mar 27 17:35:22 BST 2005

Howdy,

Just installed 5.3-RELEASE on an old Compaq Presario that I "inherited".
Everything went smoothly and it runs fine, but when I start Xorg the
keyboard does not function.  Most of the letter keys cause the screen to
be resized (like CTRL+,CTRL-).  CTRL-BKSPC still kills the server, though.
I get the same effect with a standard 102 key as with a USB keyboard!
Didn't note anything in the BIOS setup regarding keyboards.  I do get
strange errors in the controlling TTY about "expecting SYM but got
something else".  Any clues?

Thanks,