BSD is dying

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Thu Jul 28 11:15:30 BST 2005

--l0l+eSofNeLXHSnY

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 10:50:14AM +0100, Paul Richards wrote:
> and seems pretty  much dead in the UK based on this list.

I'm guessing that we're all either not nerdy enough or far too
competent to need it that often ;)

> Although I'm being a bit flippant, since this list has become totally
> inactive recently I've also been trawling job lists a lot in the last
> few months and BSD has vanished from the UK job market too.

There were two FreeBSD jobs in Bristol advertised last week.  I stopped
looking further afield than that in August.  It is sad that that's
noteworthy.

> Anyone got any comments on how they see the state of BSD in general
> and FreeBSD in particular in the UK at the moment?

I know of a few companies that are just starting to use it, and we have
a new project that I am hoping to get it used in.

Ceri
--=20
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)

--l0l+eSofNeLXHSnY

--l0l+eSofNeLXHSnY--