They just upgraded our village telephone exchange - ADSL Router/Modem question

RW list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com
Thu Jan 27 00:51:21 GMT 2005

On Thursday 06 January 2005 02:33, CB wrote:

> DLink DSL-504T

Just in case you went with this, and are having problems with applications
freezing.

I have one, and had problems with the dns proxy that runs on the router - this
is the DNS server address  192.168.1.1 that is given to devices behind the
router by DHCP. It worked fine in Windows, but caused some  dns lookups to
fail on FreeBSD 5.3.

A simple work-around is to turn-off DCHP in FreeBSD, setup a fixed local ip
address and set your ISP's DNS servers manually in resolv.conf.