a server question

Martin Smith martin at rakupottery.org.uk
Thu Jan 20 20:29:06 GMT 2005

One of my clients has a small network of Macs, mostly running OSX, the time has come for them to have a file server, and as OSX Server is over 400 quid and the hardware to run it on will cost a fair bit I was contemplating setting up a FreeBSD nfs server for them, ( I noticed the other day when running top on an OSX machine that it has several instances of nfsiod running.)
Does this sound like a practical solution, has anyone done this and have any comments?
Thanks.

--
Martin