FreeBSD on the Desktop (Was iBook THIS THREAD MUST DIE NOW)

Frank Shute frank at esperance-linux.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 19:27:32 GMT 2005

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 01:31:29PM -0000, Jonathan Belson wrote:

> > On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 12:08:54AM +0000, Jon Mercer wrote:
>=20
> > =A3319 for the bargain basement version with educational discount
> > of =A320 ... got to be seriously tempting :)
>=20
> The depressing thing is that I paid 650GBP for a second-hand 1.25GHz G4 a
> few months ago :-(  The MacMini isn't as expandable, but I could live with
> that - I'm pinning my hopes on Apple having made lots of performance
> compromises to make it so small <grin>
>=20

It's a proven *fact* that second-hand 1.25GHz G4s perform better than
new ones.....I'd provide a link but you'll have to use Google ;)

Occupational hazard of buying computer kit: a few months later they
always bring out something better and cheaper. If you're not careful
you can get caught in permanent wait state (I have): always waiting
for something better/cheaper to come out and never actually buying
anything :)

--=20

 Frank=20

print "f r a n k @ e s p e r a n c e - l i n u x . c o . u k" | sed 's/ //g'

                      --->PGP keyID: 0x10BD6F4B<---                        =
 =20

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO--