FreeBSD on the Desktop (Was iBook THIS THREAD MUST DIE NOW)

Aled Morris aledm at qix.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 02:45:35 GMT 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Jon Mercer wrote:

>One little flaw with mini mac, unless I'm very much mistaken.
>
>So it's got no PS2 sockets, and only 2 USB slots. So keyboard and mouse,
>and that's it... unless you buy a usb hub.

Apple's USB keyboard has a hub built in so you can plug your USB mouse
into it instead of into the motherboard USB.  I assume other brands would
have this feature too.

Also you could order the internal Bluetooth option and go with a cordless
desktop leaving both USB ports free.

USB hubs seem to be a no-brainer anyway, I've got a non-powered one that I
use to attach two USB printers via one USB port.  It was very cheap (<=A310
inc VAT from Maplin).

I'm ordering a Mac Mini as soon as I get the Xmas credit card bills out of
the way :-)

Aled
--=20
        ++  Fast, affordable, server hosting in London Docklands  ++
        ++               http://www.qix.co.uk/colo/               ++