iBook

Pete French pete at twisted.org.uk
Tue Jan 4 01:02:52 GMT 2005

> On the whole, if I was asked to recommend a new computer to my parents
> (which is the only reason I've used Macs) it would certainly be a PC
> running FreeBSD. Creepy, but there you go.
> sh*t?) Getting my parents to understand Fink is a remote dream; as for
> X11, well................................................ucking hell!

So you are going to recommend FreeBSD to your parents, but you don't
expecet them to understand X11 ? Uh, what graphical interface *are* they
going to be running then ? Also, why would they need to understand X11
to use a Mac ? If theres one thing which OSX wins hands down on for me
it's the fact that I dont ever have to have X11 and all it's evils
anywhere near the thing.

BTW, I have no clue what this 'Fink' thing is - never come across it
in eighteen years of BSD, and I can't see that it's hampered my use
of machines at all. What is it and why would your parents need it ?

-bat.