iBook

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Mon Jan 3 11:59:48 GMT 2005

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 12:36:02AM +0000, Jon Mercer wrote:

> Ah well, when I say glorified web browsing machine, I mean that is what
> they use it for. I'm afraid to say I've got absolutely no idea what
> capabilities it has. Of course it looks pretty, but I do like my
> computers to have a few flashing lights on... ;-)

Speaking of flashing lights, the manual that comes with iBooks stresses
that it's very important you don't move the iBook when the hard drive is
being accessed.

Could somebody tell me what they've done with the hard drive access
light then? Or should I only work in quiet enough places to hear the
hard drive? Perhaps develop a psychic connection to the bus and 'sense'
when data is travelling over it?

It's nice that whilst in sleep mode they have that white pulsating LED
on the front though - that very slowly drains the battery...

--
Paul Robinson