iBook

Jon Mercer jon.mercer at achean.com
Mon Jan 3 00:36:02 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 21:21 +0000, Geoff Fox wrote:

> >> I'm pleaseed for them. They however, are not the type who are going to
> >> miss keyboard shortcuts or get pissed off about DNS disappearing on
> >> all
> >> wireless connectivity after a stint of using bluetooth -> GPRS as
> >> their
> >> main form of connectvity. I bet they're nicer people than me as well.
> >> They probably do not consider 'Fight Club' to be a classic film and
> >> shout 'Fucking Tory!' at their friend's friends in a crowded curry
> >> house
> >> whenever said friends indicate an interest in patriotism.
> > Very true, their iBook is basically a glorified web browsing machine,
> > but at least it doesn't run Windows. On another note, they've probably
> > not even heard of fight club, but shouting "Fucking Tory" probably
> > isn't
> > beyond them...
> >

> Glorified web browsing machine?
> Really.
> I bought my iBook in March last year. It's the best money i've ever
> spent, been glued to me ever since. Love it.
> Even the basic iBook (like mine) can handle 16 tracks of digital audio
> with real time effects (reverb etc), running REAL pro audio apps (the
> reason I bought the thing in first place),  plus everything else one
> would need, and it's a *nix machine. Wouldn't swap it for the world.

Ah well, when I say glorified web browsing machine, I mean that is what
they use it for. I'm afraid to say I've got absolutely no idea what
capabilities it has. Of course it looks pretty, but I do like my
computers to have a few flashing lights on... ;-)

|         ___                  ___                               |
|        /   |                |  /                               |
|                         www.achean.com                         |
| Jon Mercer (Director)                    jon.mercer at achean.com |