IRC Channel

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 21:02:30 GMT 2005

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 20:48:03 +0000, Paul Robinson <paul at iconoplex.co.uk> wrote:
> That's what your firewall is there for - you should never even see the
> hit on the port of the box you're IRC'ing from, it should be filtered
> out before it gets there.

of course nothing gets to the box i IRC from, but its needless traffic.

> Anyway, EFnet is where there is an active IRC channel. Like I say, good
> luck with the new channel on another network if you set it up, but it's
> too much faffing for us to move the existing channel. Let us know where
> to find you, some of us will pop in I'm sure.

i have no intention of creating a new channel for this mailing list.
it was merely a suggestion to improve things.  i can be found on
numerous linux and project related channels on freenode, but i can't
say i'm too enthusiastic about using #efnet without such features.

is 'vi .irssi/config' really that difficult to master ;-)