IRC Channel

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Sat Jan 1 20:48:03 GMT 2005

On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 08:38:49PM +0000, Gerald Davies wrote:

> whilst, i agree that it is no substitute for security it certainly
> makes the logs of a server/box/whatever you IRC from  a little bit
> more sane when you don't have the hoards of idiots probing it from
> IRC.

That's what your firewall is there for - you should never even see the
hit on the port of the box you're IRC'ing from, it should be filtered
out before it gets there. Plus, you can stop a lot of the scans by
making sure you're +i on EFnet which cuts out 99% of the scans
instantly.

Anyway, EFnet is where there is an active IRC channel. Like I say, good
luck with the new channel on another network if you set it up, but it's
too much faffing for us to move the existing channel. Let us know where
to find you, some of us will pop in I'm sure.

--
Paul Robinson

http://www.iconoplex.co.uk/
"All I know is I'm not a Marxist" - Karl Marx