Manchester BSD UG - Different venue

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Sat Jan 1 20:42:40 GMT 2005

On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 06:26:24PM +0000, Jon Mercer wrote:

> Good choice of beer. I approve. I had a few last night, in Manchester of
> all places. Back in Bristol now.

It's quite reasonable. Living here in the city, I get spoilt by the fact
that I can regularly and easily get Staropramen, Krombacher, Budvar,
Paulaner, Nastro, etc. all on draught.

Yesterday though, I paid 3 quid for a pint. Not amused.

> Very true, their iBook is basically a glorified web browsing machine,

As mine is currently.

> but at least it doesn't run Windows. On another note, they've probably
> not even heard of fight club, but shouting "Fucking Tory" probably isn't
> beyond them...

Good on them. I shout it all the time. Sometimes at my own parents.

Now I have spent half a day fiddling with Sys Prefs -> Keyboard & Mouse
-> Keyboard Shortcuts, OS X is starting to get useful.

I'm still tempted to set fire to the thing though.

--
Paul Robinson

http://www.iconoplex.co.uk/
"All I know is I'm not a Marxist" - Karl Marx