Manchester BSD UG - Different venue

Jon Mercer jon.mercer at achean.com
Sat Jan 1 18:26:24 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 14:50 +0000, Paul Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 02:23:21PM +0000, Jon Mercer wrote:
>
> > Steady on Paul, I'd say you may have had one too many NYE drinks
> > already.
>
> I have had exactly one pint of Staropramen. When I wrote that mail I had
> consumed one vegetarian breakfast (eggs scrambled, not fried) and a
> large mug of black coffee.
Good choice of beer. I approve. I had a few last night, in Manchester of
all places. Back in Bristol now.

> I'm always like this. Had you not noticed before? Did you not read the
> post I made to the list ref'ed in the first post in this thread? It's
> just my online persona after I've relaxed from a week off work.
> Actually, I'm like this in real life as well. Painfully so.
>
> > As for the iBook, I bought my (non-techie) parents one. They really like
> > it.
>
> I'm pleaseed for them. They however, are not the type who are going to
> miss keyboard shortcuts or get pissed off about DNS disappearing on all
> wireless connectivity after a stint of using bluetooth -> GPRS as their
> main form of connectvity. I bet they're nicer people than me as well.
> They probably do not consider 'Fight Club' to be a classic film and
> shout 'Fucking Tory!' at their friend's friends in a crowded curry house
> whenever said friends indicate an interest in patriotism.
Very true, their iBook is basically a glorified web browsing machine,
but at least it doesn't run Windows. On another note, they've probably
not even heard of fight club, but shouting "Fucking Tory" probably isn't
beyond them...

> I am not rational. Especially after a week off work.
>
> Apologies if any of my rants cause offence - they're meant to of course,
> but I understand.

|         ___                  ___                               |
|        /   |                |  /                               |
|                         www.achean.com                         |
| Jon Mercer (Director)                    jon.mercer at achean.com |