IRC Channel

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Sat Jan 1 11:25:33 GMT 2005

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 09:33:33PM +0000, Gerald Davies wrote:

> does Efnet support host masking/cloaking?  if not, why are you using
> efnet?  tried freenode.net?  couldn't you create a channel on there?
> you would have host masking and unique nickname identifiers then.

Those are not advantages. They give IRC and those who use it a sense of
self importance they should not be afforded.

If you want to set up another channel on another network, go for it and
good luck. If you want to chat to some of the lurkers on this list,
mostly the Manchester BSDUG'ers and a few of the Southern crowd, we can
normally be found on EFnet in #freebsduk. We may move if that's what the
channel wants, but don't count on it - there's a dozen regular visitors
to the channel and we've never agreed on anything before. :-)

--
Paul Robinson

http://www.iconoplex.co.uk/
"All I know is I'm not a Marxist" - Karl Marx