mySQL web interfaces

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 13:33:45 GMT 2005

On 23 Feb 2005, at 12:14, Paul Civati wrote:

> I find PHP easier to knock up quick web/SQL pages, but that doesn't
> mean it's better..  and I've done enough to know the flaws in PHP.

I recommend you take a look at Ruby on Rails. Some very, very clever
people rave about it. It has its limitations, but I'm about to submit a
bunch of diff patches to address the ones I've found. Very good though
- very quick to develop full MVC web applications, but it is a bit of a
steep learning curve if you're ingrained in the PHP 'hacker' ethic. It
makes your comment about using a template engine a little funny though
- no other way to do it with rails.

--
Paul Robinson