Soft updates and power failure

Pete French pete at twisted.org.uk
Tue Feb 8 12:56:29 GMT 2005

> It's quite possible that it is and I've done something dumb, I'm by no
> means an expert on harddisk technology and was trying to botch around my
> problem at the time being as it wasn't a service machine.

Well, neither am I :-) Interesting that we both get different experiences
for the same conditions though. Possibly there are a lot more varaibales out
there we havent taken into account.

Mind you, its just made me go round all the machines and just check that
I had properly disabled the write caches on the drive modepages though!

-bat.