vacation and 6 stable

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Tue Dec 20 13:13:55 GMT 2005

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 01:02:30PM +0000, Martin Smith wrote:
>=20
> Has anyone here managed to get vacation running on 6 stable, using the sy=
ntax from the man pages just results in a syntax error in the mail log.
> There was also an inconclusive thread in c.u.b.f.m a few weeks ago.
> I have tried being a bit creative with the syntax but to no result.

Yes, I am using it to autorespond to a pop box I no longer read.  This
is basically the entirety of the config:

  {root at shrike}-{~eidos} # cat .forward=20
  "|/usr/bin/vacation -a setantae at eidosnet.co.uk eidos"
  {root at shrike}-{~eidos} # cat .vacation.msg=20
  From: Postmaster <mailnull at submonkey.net>
  Subject: Account no longer in use
 =20
 =20
  You have mailed a user account that is so long dead it's
  literally beyond belief.  However, I recently checked this
  account looking for an old mail and it seems that some people
  just haven't got the message.
 =20
  If you actually want to get hold of me, then you can find my
  new email address by searching Google for "Ceri FreeBSD".
 =20
  Cheers,
 =20
  Ceri
  --=20
  {root at shrike}-{~eidos} #

Ceri
--=20
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW--