Open Xchange

Steve Mynott steve at tightrope.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 19 19:44:34 GMT 2005

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 12:31:46PM +0000, Kevin typed:

> I was wandering if any users on the list have or use Open Xchange.  If so
> could they say what it is being used for and it it is any good.

I installed the commercial version for one customer (office of about 50) as
the SUSE/Novell Linux distro and it worked fine as a mailserver.  Its
basically postfix plus LDAP with Groupware and some windows plugins for
Outlook.

The commercial version is marketed as a Exchange substitute and it
doesn't really fill this role.  I'm not familiar with the open source
version which may be superior.

If you just want a FreeBSD mailserver with a simple web interface you
probably are better off with just installing postfix or exim with webmin
from ports.

--
Steve Mynott <steve at tightrope.demon.co.uk>