foobarred installation?

RW list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com
Sun Dec 18 04:18:24 GMT 2005

On Thursday 15 December 2005 13:48, Frank Shute wrote:

> Other questions: What target do others with Athlons build for? i386,
> i686 or Athlon? I want to run Java on this machine in the future.

What's much more important is which version of FreeBSD you installed, i386=
=20
(32-bit) or amd64 (64-bit).  Swapping between the two requires a new instal=
l.=20
=46rom what I've read I wouldn't recommend amd64 for a desktop, as two many=
=20
things are broken, for example 3-d support for your nvidia card.=20

Under i386  I use CPUTYPE?=3Dathlon-xp on my AMD 64