London user group alive?

Chris chris at childeric.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Aug 16 22:09:14 BST 2005

Tony Finch wrote:
 > On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Paul Robinson wrote:
 >

 >>On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 08:37:33PM +0100, Chris wrote:
 >>

 >>>How's about an initial meeting next week, say Tuesday 16, Wednesday 17
 >>>or Thurs 18 around 7pm. I need to check with the place but should be ok.
 >>>Address is 15-17 Rampart Street, London E1 2LA (off commerical road).
 >>
 >>But that's not a pub. It's a theatre with a cafe.

It's actually a social centre and doesn't strictly have a cafe though
people put on food for some events. I'd be very interested to know where
you got that description.

 > Does that mean there's no booze? How can you have a sober geek meet?

There isn't a bar but there's a dodgy cut price 'off-licence' a few
doors away.

Personally I hate beer and beer hates me so we keep well apart but if
people prefer a pub that's fine with me.

Chris