Recommendations for adsl modems/firewall?

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 10:39:38 BST 2005

On 08/08/05, Jonathan Belson <jon at witchspace.com> wrote:
> Hiya
>=20
> I need to set up a server for remote access, and I'm looking at options
> for a modem/firewall box. I see that there are ADSL modems with some
> degree of firewall capability, so I'm looking for recommendations of
> hardware that people have had experience with.
>=20
> The important services are http[s], ssh and cvs (although come to think
> of it, cvsnt supports tunnelling over ssh); no internal hosts are
> planned yet.
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> --Jon
>=20
> http://www.witchspace.com
>=20
>=20

I have a dlink adsl modem connected to a wireless acess point/router.
You can get this bagged up into one box now. You could prolly pick one
up for =A330 on ebay and it should do what you are asking. Generally the
dli

Basically it drops all in unless you specify what they call a "virtual
server" which is basically port forwarding.

If you need more filtering capabilities than that, then I wouldnt buy
an appliance, but instead get an old p133 and install openbsd on it.

Regards=20

Edd