BCS membership

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 15:05:06 BST 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 02:59:31PM +0100, Ben Tyson-Norrman wrote:

> Yep I am, contact me off list and we'll see what we can come up with - not
> sure of its value or not, however no harm in having that extra string....

I've vouched for friends wishing to join in the past in terms of their
professional expertise/experience, but never seen the benefit. In fact
the guys I know who are really into it are the kind of guys who do
Rotary club and would be Freemasons if they could which just turns me
off the idea even more. I'm sure it is a valid and valuable professional
membership, but I can't help think it has the air of a circle jerk about
it.

Yes, I know, I'm horrible, aren't I?

If there is anybody out there with genuinely positive experiences of it
all and they think it's really helped their career, then let me know
becase I'd be interested for professional reasons (I work for a body
interested in professional accreditation and personal development of
those working in the IT sector).

--
Paul Robinson