Scalable Mail Server

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 6 13:50:39 BST 2005

Hiya
Im in the process of planning a mail server setup for a large firm who
need a smtp feed, I was planning on setting up a cluster made up of VIA
eden mobo's, the master node would either have a RAID 1+0 or RAID 5 disk
setup.This setup is going to be expected to handle around 50 to 60GB of
traffic in & out per month. Does anyone have any experience with
clustering with eden boxes? is it a no no & I should stick with P4's
with intel mobos????
I know the VIA rhine network cards are crap, I was going to add a 3com
or intel network card in each node.
Also should I really be looking at clustering, the reason I chose the
cluster cause it would give me the flexability in expanding as the load
increases & as the edens are so cheap several spare nodes can be
purchaed in advance ?

Regards

Sevan