Totem/gnome-Btdownload issues

Paul J Williams darkgen at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Apr 5 22:19:48 BST 2005

Hiya,

I have recently upgraded from gnome2.8 to 2.10 via the gnome_upgrade.sh
script. However I now have various issues with 2 particular ports, namely
Totem and gnome-btdownload.

1.
Totem simply stalls after initially showing a window with "Totem could not
start-up. Could not get/set settings from/on resource"

I'm running totem-gstreamer-1.0_3, Xine works fine independently.

2.
Gnome-BtDownload

This will launch fine from the command line whether with a meta file or not
but after choosing a directory and saving, all fields, aside from the
"Address" field are "Unknown" and the following occurs within the term :-

----

Exception in thread bt_dl_thread:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/threading.py", line 442, in __bootstrap
    self.run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/threading.py", line 422, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-btdownload", line 548, in download_thread
    BitTorrent.download.download(self.args, file, status, finished, error,
self.event, cols, path)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'download'

----

This is using gnome-btdownload-0.0.20,1 which I updated this evening after
updating my ports tree (which also updated gnome2 to 2.10_01.

I did, rather haphazardly, attempt to peruse the above files to see if
anything obvious could be changed but to no avail. I do understand there was
an issue with v 0.0.16 of the gbtd client in regards to zurllib.py which
required patching but I would assume that has since been fixed?! (this is
the only close reference I have managed to find in regards to the problem
stated above)

I'm currently running Fbsd 5.3. Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers, Paul.

---------
Paul J Williams -