Keyboard issue

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Tue Apr 5 13:14:31 BST 2005

Just thought I would post my own update to this problem - to recap I
installed 5.3 RELEASE on an old Compaq Presario.  X would run fine, but
any keypress resulted in a screen mode change (other than CTRL_ALT_BCKSPC
which worked as desired :).  This occurred with a standard AT keyboard and
also with a USB keyboard.

Quite by accident I discovered that I had set XKEYSYMDB in my csh
environment, ages ago, and that the setting was causing my keyboard
problems (it was set to a path that no longer exists :).  I generally copy
my cshrc to a new machine when I load it, and there you go.

Cheers,