cvsup.uk.freebsd.org

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sat Sep 25 18:52:02 BST 2004

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 05:52:15PM +0100, Dominic Mitchell wrote:
> Does anybody know why I'm cvsup.uk.freebsd.org appears to be failing?
>=20
>     >>> Running /usr/local/bin/cvsup
>     Parsing supfile "/usr/local/etc/cvsupfile"
>     Connecting to cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
>     Cannot connect to cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org: Connection refused
>     Will retry at 09:03:38
>     Retrying
>     Connecting to cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
>     Cannot connect to cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org: Connection refused
>     Will retry at 09:13:49
>=20
> This gets repeated ad infinitum...

Yeah.  The UK cvsup servers are in a bit of a state at the moment:

    cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org  =3D> cvsup.plig.net

        Refusing connections by cvsup

    cvsup2.uk.FreeBSD.org =3D> storm.uk.FreeBSD.org

        Running OK, but frequently reaches the max number of clients

    cvsup3.uk.FreeBSD.org =3D> cvsup.leguin.org.uk

        Doesn't resolve -- the entire leguin.org.uk domain seems to have
        vanished.

    cvsup4.uk.FreeBSD.org =3D> freebsd.topo.teleglobe.net

        Contents are several months out of date, and it's running an
        older version of cvsup.

Personally I've been using cvsup2.fr.FreeBSD.org...

	Cheers,

	Matthew=09

--=20
                                                      Savill Way